QUICK TIPS & BAD BACKS
posted: Nov. 21, 2018.
THE REBUILD STARTS HERE
In my previous blog we were told about some dangers. Here are some of my tips for creating the best core possible. First step in the process lets take the house down to it's foundation and start to rebuild. Proper sequencing of therapy is a must.
These are tips for the home rebuild. You can get there faster to your goal with the help of a Chiropractor, Massage Therapist and proper exercise.
1. Get a Foam Roller - Use it before and after workouts
- on the following: gluteus maximus (buttocks), hip rotators (side buttocks), low back, upper back, TFL (side of leg), gluteus medius (side of upper thigh), adductors (groin)
- use for approximately 5 mins before and after workout/ go on youtube for some videos
2. The Stick or Handheld Roller Stick
- use on things that hurt
- easier for those that have trouble getting on the floor
- great for calf muscles and shins
Don't skip ahead if you have a really bad back. The purpose of very basic/less than body weight core exercises is to strengthen and activate neurologically a injured area. Once activated its important to sequence these basic core exercises to the next basic exercise.
LESS THAN BODY WEIGHT
1. Clam Shell
2. On your back Bicycle
3. Lying face down alternating leg lifts
3. Lying face up alternating buttock contraction
MORE BODY WEIGHT
1. Bird Dog alternation leg kick outs
2. Sid-lying hip raises Abduction and Adduction
3. Bridges alternating knee lifts
1. SIDE PLANK Knees Bent (WEAK SIDE MOST IMPORTANT) No cheating
2. Front PLANK kness on floor